Many people have questions about the first and subsequent visits: how long it takes, what’s involved, how much does it cost, while I get adjusted on the first day? Here are a few answers:
A conversation with Dr. John is always complimentary. You can ask any question about your health and how Dr. John believes he would be able to help, based on your current condition, concerns, and health goals.
- If it sounds like he can help, then a first day spine check for you or your family member(s) is the next step.
- He will check your spine, check joints outside the spine (shoulder, knee, hip, etc), perform indicated orthopedic or neurological checks.
- A first day spine check takes about 60-75 minutes.
- this first day can vary to accommodate expecting mothers, children, or visits with multiple family members at the same time.
- For adults, and in some cases, Dr. John may recommend x-rays or other diagnostic tests. X-rays are very important. He uses Posture Ray to MEASURE your x-rays. See x-ray section under our services.
- On the first visit or second visit, he will recommend what to do next
- Most of the time, the first adjustment happens on the first visits. Other times the first adjustment happens on the second visit, after Dr. John has time to gather more information.
- The cost of the first day check/evaluation generally ranges from $0-175.
- subsequent visits take 5-25 minutes depending on what you would like to do.
- As Dr. John performs house call, mobile chiropractic visits, he will do his best to create cost-effective visits based on your geographic location.
- Health insurance may reduce the cost of the first day check or subsequent care. If that information is available, your plan has chiropractic benefits, and your deductible has been met, your responsibility for the first day may be less.
- It is important to understand that Dr. John strives to create cost-effective chiropractic care in a manner compliant with acceptable billing standards, and laws in the states of New Jersey and New York. While working with insurance carriers when appropriate, he will not let third party, impersonal insurance carriers decide what is best for you and your family. His care recommendations are tailored to you, your preferences, and your needs.
- Especially with mobile chiropractic care, your financial responsibilities will be clearly described to you, although may not resemble traditional, “in office”, “insurance assignment”, “copay” scenarios. Thank you for your understanding.
- While many people would like to use in-network for home visits, this simply is not possible. Dr. John has thoroughly evaluated which insurance carriers allow for which levels of insurance participation for in home chiropractic services. Please plan on Dr. John submitting for out-of-network benefits, or self-pay at this time.
- in-network does not mean less expensive. Out-of-network does not mean more expense. It depends on services, price point, and frequency.
Dr. John is happy to answer any questions about care, time, and finances.
Please call our office at (201) 677-3600 if you have any questions or concerns about what to expect.