Pregnancy is a miracle A woman’s body goes through amazing changes during pregnancy to provide for the growing baby. Chiropractic care can help optimize pregnancy and protect the health of the mother and unborn baby. It also allows for a shorter labor, ideal positioning of the baby in the womb, and less of a chance for invasive practices during the birthing process. During pregnancy, the body releases a hormone called Relaxin to prepare for birth. Relaxin change the skeletal structure by relaxing ligaments of the body and pelvis. Relaxin, coupled with posture and center of gravity change during pregnancy, can put a physical strain on expecting mothers. Dr. John’s care is tailored specifically for this.
Dr. John has completed over 200 additional course hours with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and is certified in The Webster Technique. He talks to Moms every week and hears their concerns.
- “I want what is safe for my child”
- “I want to remain active during my pregnancy”
- “I want a smooth labor and delivery”
- “I don’t want to have birth intervention unless I absolutely need it” (C-section, forceps, ECV, vacuum extraction)
Why is Chiropractic Care Important During Pregnancy?
Chiropractic care is conservative approach for expecting mothers, and fits well with the care from other birth professionals. Prenatal care is gentle and safe. Dr. John’s goal is to alleviate the stress and strains of pregnancy while improving comfort for both the mother and baby. He understand the body goes through significant physical change during pregnancy. It’s ok to ask for help along the way. Some other benefits of prenatal chiropractic care include:
- Better sleep
- Less physical and emotional stress
- Shorter and less painful labor
- Decreased swelling in the feet
- Elimination of back pain and sciatica
- Increased energy
- Less digestive issues
- Reductions in reflux and morning sickness
- Improved pelvis biomechanics for labor and delivery
- Improved round ligament, broad ligament, and uterosacral ligament tension.
- Reduced pubic symphysis dysfunction and symptoms.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractic care has been shown to hold a greater benefit for pregnant patients than traditional obstetric care alone. Dr. John aims to empower expecting mothers with better understand what is happening within their bodies, and provide for better communicate with their healthcare providers. A recent study found that more than 75 percent of pregnant women experience pregnancy-related low back pain, pelvic pain, or a combination. Chiropractic care is a safe, effective way to have an optimal pregnancy.
For more information or to request an appointment, contact Dr. John today at (201) 677-3600.